On May 21, 2013 we were invited to tour Potomac Shores and receive information related to the future plans and current progress on this Cherry Hill Peninsula development project. We found the initial set of model homes were almost complete, the clubhouse for the Potomac Shores Golf Club was under roof, and the golf course was beautiful and ready for golfers. We examined the development boards presented in this article, read the development literature, and asked questions of representatives from Master Developer SunCal, New York, and Guest Builders Ryan Homes and NVHomes. The Potomac Shores development is between the Potomac River and the Southbridge community. The entrance to the northern community is off of River Heritage Boulevard. Development plans for the southern community will link Potomac Shores Parkway to U. S. Route 1 at the commuter lot between Dumfries Road and Wayside Drive.
Potomac Shores Amenities & Attractions
- 2,000 acre development with 850 acres of open natural space.
- Marina with 450 boat slips on the Potomac River
- Potomac Shores Golf Club (Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course) with 7,500 square feet clubhouse, state-of the-art driving range, and short-game practice area.
- Potomac Club (10,000 square feet). Club members enjoy pools, cabanas, workout facility, and social gatherings.
- Five-star resort hotel & spa.
- Potomac Shores Town Center & boardwalk overlooking the Potomac River.
- Forty acre corporate center with 3.7 million square feet of office & retail space.
- Virginia Railway Express Station at Potomac Shores. This requires $75 million of funding approval required from the Federal Railroad Administration to build 11 miles of rail line between North Stafford and the Cherry Hill Peninsula. If approved this VRE Station will be delivered in 2017.
- 2 miles of developed Potomac River shoreline.
- Community amenities include tennis courts, pool, amphitheater, and more than 15 athletic fields.
- Community elementary school & middle school (Prince William County Public Schools). All Potomac Shores neighborhoods are within walking distance.
- Potomac Shores communities will be connected by 10 miles of community trails, a collection of parks, and natural open space.
- Potomac Shores will have 3,987 homes. The guest builders are NVHomes, NVR Legacy, & Ryan Homes. Home designs will be a contemporary interpretation of Tidewater style homes in Virginia and Maryland.
- Potomac Shores is 30 miles from Washington, D.C. with slug-lines and PRTC OmniLink Commuter Bus ride options to work.
The complete set of photographs from our tour: Potomac Shores
The Potomac Shores Northern Neighborhood development of 371 homes has begun. We are touring model homes later this month and will post photographs after out visit. Information on Potomac Shores Northern Neighborhoods are listed below:
- Fairways-Pointe: This Ryan Homes neighborhood base price is in the upper $500′s. This is the smallest neighborhood in Potomac Shore. There are 41 home sites which back to wooded areas. Models include the Blackwell, James, and Elizabeth from 2,710-3239 base finished square feet.
- Fairways-Cove: This Ryan Homes neighborhood has the lowest price of all Potomac Shores neighborhoods. Priced in the low $500′s there are 169 home sites offering models from 2,448-3,470 base finished square feet. The models are the John Smith, Mary Peake, Monroe, Geoffrey, Berkeley, and Westover.
- Fairways-Shore: This Ryan Homes neighborhood is priced in the mid $500′s. There are 51 home sites offering homes between 1,984-2,463 base finished square feet on one cul-de-sac street. Models include the Pembrooke, Chamberlin, and Catherine. These homes are all one-level living designs.
- Fairways-Landing: This NVHomes neighborhood base price is in the upper $600′s. This luxury community has 27 home sites all backing to mature woods. NVHomes is offering the Cape Charles and Cape Henry models with 3,120-3,604 base finished square feet.
- Fairways-Overlook: This NVHomes neighborhood is priced from the 800′s. This prestigious neighborhood has 82 home sites with many backing to mature woods and the golf course. Models include the Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Great Bridge with base finished square footage between 3,851-4,808. Floor plans allow 7 bedrooms & 7.5 bathrooms. All NVHomes in Potomac Shores include 10′ ceilings on the main level, and 9′ ceilings on the basement and bedroom levels.
The following photographs are the model homes for NVHomes & Ryan Homes. These homes will be available in the northern neighborhoods on Potomac River Boulevard.
Contact us if you are interested in purchasing a new home in Northern Virginia. We know new home contracts, the building process, and representing your best interests. Our SMARTMOVE real estate rebate program for new home purchases should convince you to use our expertise. Building companies pay agent commissions for our services. If you don’t utilize us it is a missed opportunity.
Visit our Flickr page for more Potomac Shores photographs and details of this resort community.